Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Miya Sushi - Towson, MD - Revisit

Yesterday I dragged my husband to Miya sushi.

It was just as good as the first time.  (Sorry, I didn't take pictures this time!  I should have though!  Bad Vanessa!)

They are super duper nice in there.  And they apparently read all of their reviews, including our blog posts!  So that was fun to talk about at the end of our meal!

The place was empty on a wet, rainy Labor Day afternoon.

I ordered tuna sashimi and a red dragon roll (shrimp tempura with tuna on top).  Mike ordered a Butterfly roll (spicy tuna, salmon, avocado, and it said various roe on top), tuna and shrimp sushi, and a miso soup.  I skipped the miso soup this time since I didn't really like it last time.

While we were waiting, we were brought a nice plate of seaweed salad for free!  We like free!  It was great!

Then we were brought our sushi and sashimi, and the butterfly roll.  My tuna was still a little bit frozen, so they cut it up into thinner slices.  It thawed quickly, so I was fine with that.

Mike said his tuna was good, but he wasn't super fond of the shrimp sushi.  I actually forget why.  My bad.  He also liked his butterfly roll.  BUT!  He would have liked it a lot more if there was more roe on top, and more of the "various types" of roe as well.

The red dragon roll came out.  And it was wonderful.  Seriously, they make fantastic shrimp tempura.  It is freshly made, and frankly, the best shrimp tempura I have had in a while.

Then we were brought a "slow" roll.  I think that is what she called it.  This was FREE also.  I am really loving this place.  This roll was wider with shrimp tempura, crab stick, avocado, and cream cheese in it.  I popped out the avocado (not a fan of avocado) and tried it out.  It was quite yummy!  That was my first roll with cream cheese in it, so I was a little worried, but it was just enough to add flavor without taking over the roll.  Mike really enjoyed it as well.

To finish up, I ordered tempura banana with tempura ice cream.  It hit the spot.  Just enough for the both of us to share, and not feel like we overloaded on sugar.

One more thing before I sign off, Amy and I walked last time.  This time, my husband and I drove there.  Parking is not their best feature.


Rating:
Food: 5 (still yum!)
Service: 4.5 (it takes a while, but the guys are super nice!)
Ambiance: 4 (it is a little small, but when you have the place to yourself, who cares!)

Take Home: I am very happy with Miya Sushi.  Everything I have selected there was pretty darn good!

No comments:

Post a Comment