Tuesday, August 21, 2012

El Rodeo - Towson, MD

So we didn't TECHNICALLY have a coupon THIS TIME when we went to El Rodeo - I just really wanted their chips and salsa.  I have used several coupons here in the past, though, so I don't totally feel like I'm cheating by doing a review.

It was strangely empty when we got there yesterday, but then again, we left for lunch at 11:30 (we walk) because Vanessa was starving (there's a point to me telling you this, trust me).  We were seated in our booth and our server came right out to take our drink orders.  He brought back the drinks and their fantab-amazing-delicious-just the right spicy salsa.  I love that stuff.  He asked if we were ready to order, and I was, but Vanessa was still debating.  He asked if we needed more time and I wanted to say "No", learning from our trip to Havana Road.  She still needed time, though, so I distinctly said, "JUST ONE MINUTE!  JUST ONE!".  He came back in a minute. Good man!  Actually, when we went there the first time, they had JUST OPENED this new location so they were all figuring out what they were doing and we had this same server.  He wasn't so great that first time - all nervous and kinda flailing around but he was VERY good this time!
I ordered the tortilla soup (which is absolutely excellent there - it's even better than the one I make myself, and I make a damn fine soup) and the veggie fajitas. 

Vanessa orders a HOT DOG from the kid's menu.  Oh, and some spanish rice.  Oh yes, she did.  She ordered a kid's hot dog at a Mexican restaurant.  Miss "I'm so hungry can we go to lunch right now??!!!".  And it came in a cactus shaped bowl/plate. 



My soup was fantastic as always.  I decided to take at least one bite of my fajita veggies (I don't know why I order so much all the time.  I was full after the soup and chips/salsa) so I stabbed a broccoli bit and popped it in my mouth and started screaming, "Hot!!!  Hot!!!".  I mean, duh....  it came off a sizzling fajita plate, idiot.  It was tasty, though.

I ordered takeout of chicken fajitas for the bf.  He said they were "OK".  He said they were better last time and didn't have the same "bite" he's used to there.  Must have been an off-day.

I ate some veggie fajitas as a snack later that afternoon and they were delicious!  Zucchini, squash, onions, peppers, cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms.

I wish I could find a way to sneak out their salsa in the big purse.

Rating:
Food: 4.5
Service: 5
Ambiance: 4.5


Take home:  Fantastic salsa, good servers, nice place.  Good lunch specials!  AND they have a loyalty card - six lunches and you get the seventh for free!

No comments:

Post a Comment