Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gino's - Towson, MD (Our like 20th visit....)

Gino's, Gino's, Gino's.  What has happened to you, my friend?  We were once so close!  Then I think we spent too much time together.  That's not often a good thing.  I need to see other restaurants.  Use other coupons.  I think our time together has almost come to an end.

It seemed like every day we'd get emails about more Gino's coupon deals from many different sites.  When we first started going, things were good.  It was always slam-packed, but they moved quickly and the burgers were VERY good, IMO.  So...  we bought a lot of coupons between Vanessa and I.  Like 8.  And they were all due to expire by 8/29.  Most were set to expire earlier, but at this point, I'm just counting on our last visits.  We still have one more due 8/29 and one 12/31.

Since we had to keep going, and going, and going, we were honestly getting a little worn out with Gino's.  Even being a burger fanatic, it was getting to be a bit much.  The lines were now non-existant (what happened to the line going out the door?)  The last few visits, I started feeling like something had changed with the burgers.  They seemed WAY smaller.  And the bun changed - seems more potato roll-ish.  I no like.  At the beginning, Vanessa and I would each cut our burgers in half, eat half, and take the leftovers back for the bf (plus his usual double-burger).  (FYI, he doesn't eat the bread).  Then, Vanessa started eating her whole burger, even while in a mood where her appetite has gone down.  Then the bf started asking for 2 double-burgers.  I was taking the top of my burger bun off and all 3 of us (we always recruit a local friend to meet us) stared curiously at my dinky hamburger patty wondering where it went.  Is that little nugget really it?  What's going on here??

So I switched to the chicken tender snak pak.  The chicken flavor itself was good, but the coating wasn't the least bit crispy.  Kinda soggy and falling off.  Vanessa got the grilled chicken breast.  She said it tasted like vinegar (which may be a good thing for me - I like all things vinegar). 

We have to muscle through one more coupon in the next 2 weeks and then have 4 months off to use the last one.  It will probably be the last one.

The employees and service are still really good.  The place is clean, family-friendly, decently priced, they have fab milkshakes and the employees clean up your trash, get your refills, etc.  I just think the food has gone downhill.  :(

Rating: 
Service: 5
Food: 2
Ambiance: 4

Take home:  No more coupons for me.  It will be a WHILE before I go back.  Go to Five Guys - WAY better.

No comments:

Post a Comment