Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Gino's - Towson, MD

I need to remember to take pictures of my food.

Yesterday, we went to Gino's Burgers in Towson off of Joppa Road.

http://www.ginosgiant.com/

Between the two of us, we had way, way, too many of these coupons.  

On one hand, we have multiple Gino's experiences to rely on when writing this post.  On the other hand, we are getting sick of Gino's.  Not offense Gino.

When Gino's first opened, there was a line out the door and around the corner.  There was an apparently nostalgia element to this opening, as Gino's had been in Baltimore in the past, and was a favored eatery before it closed down for some reason.  I'm from Illinois.  Nostalgia portion of this post ended.

The first time we went, it was great.  The burgers were goo, large, and they had a whole bunch of stuff to put on them.  And they had chocolate malts.  I am so in.

The next few times we went (remember, I said we had way to many of these things?!) it was still good.  Rockin'!

The time before last, we had let a couple of months go by.  Let's be honest here, as out friend Cathy would say.  We had burned out on Gino's.

Then we noticed that our coupons were about to expire.  Tragedy!  We can't let a coupon expire!  So we went to Gino's.  Hmmm.

The burgers were smaller.  And not just our memory of them either.  The buns seemed different.  Maybe it was an off day for the cook.  These things happen, and I am very generous with my benefit of the doubt.  The chocolate malt wasn't a malt, it was a shake, but whatever, it was chocolate.  My cherry soda was, as always, fantastic.

They took a picture of our Groupon.  Weird, never seen anybody to that before.  But maybe they have been burned a few times.  New security measures.  I can dig it.

We went back yesterday.  I think if we didn't have two more of these coupons, we would probably take a year or so off from Gino's.  Truth.

Sick of burgers, I tried the chicken breast.  It was juicy, but it tasted like vinegar.  Cathy said it always tastes like vinegar.  Odd.  For me at least.  I guess some people like that sorta thing.  Whatever, it was edible, and juicy, so no big thing.  Cathy got the same thing as me.  Amy got chicken tenders.  Amy will probably never get chicken tenders from there again.  They were juicy on the inside, but there was no crispiness to them.  Last I checked, fried foods are supposed to be crispy.  Maybe they weren't fried.  

And to top off the experience: their shake machine was broken.  No chocolate malt for me!  I am crying inside.

I think we have another coupon that expires on the 29th of August, and one or two that expire in December.  

Lesson learned, don't go overboard with these coupons!  We were a little out of control there for a while, but then Gino's seemed wonderful.  Now they are the equivalent of mall food.  I don't particularly like eating in the food court, but you do it because it is convenient.  I think that is why I do it.  I am questioning my motivations as I write. Hmmm.

Ratings (0 bad -5 fantastic)
Food: 3.5 at the beginning of the year, I would have said 5
Service: 5 they are always friendly there
Ambiance: 5 they clean off your table for you!

Take home message:  I am overly biased because we have eaten there sooo much now.  If you have never eaten there, I think you will enjoy the burgers.  I need a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment