Wednesday, August 22, 2012

El Rodeo - Towson, MD

Monday we wen to El Rodeo in Towson, MD.

http://www.elrodeomd.com/

They are a fun place.  I really like the atmosphere, and the lunch is always good.  The wait staff is always friendly, and since we have been going there practically since they opened, we have watched the wait staff learn the ropes.

On Monday, I wasn't feeling Mexican, but Amy was.  I figured I would get the Mushroom Quesadilla that I typically get, but I felt like that was too much food for me today.

So, I asked the waiter if I could order off the kids menu.  He said sure.  Amy said "What?!? You are ordering off the kids menu?"  And the waiter tried to take some of the sting (even though there wasn't really any sting) away by giving the token, I like the kids menu response.  Good for you Mr. IAmReallySorryButIDontKnowYourName waiter.  We could tell you were new in the beginning, but you have really grown into it!  Couldn't ask for a nicer waiter!

So.  Despite the continuing face of disbelief being displayed by Amy, I ordered a hot dog off the kids menu.  And Amy roared (literally, I kid you not, roared!), "A HOT DOG!"

I tried, and succeeded, I might add, to hold in a snort of laughter.

This was a good lunch folks.

He brought out our food, and since Amy was ordering an entree for take out as well, I got my kids meal for FREE!  YES!  Apparently they have free kids meals with the purchase of an entree on Mondays.  Awesome!  Gather your kids folks, and head out for some Mexican at El Rodeo!  They have hot dogs, chicken tenders, little tacos, and more that I can't remember!  There were at least six items on the list.

I took some pictures, but my phone is being silly, so I can't post them yet.  But I will!

Food: 5 I love getting what I want when I want it, even if it is off the kids menu!!
Service: 4.5 and getting better
Ambiance: 5 They have some pretty cool decor, it is bright and spacious.

Take Home Message:  We have never gone wrong at El Rodeo, and we love the chips and salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment