Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Original Giorgio's - Cockeysville, MD

The bf and I went to Original Giorgio's on the expiration date of our deal coupon.  We had $20 to spend, but we weren't that hungry yet so we got take-out.  There was only one other person in the restaurant eating in, but it was a Monday, after all.  We did the take-out for dinner.  We ordered and the food is very, very reasonably priced.  In order to use our full $20, he got the chicken kebob platter, I got spaghetti with meat sauce, and he we shared an italian salad. 

The place is kinda small, but I think it's mostly take-out customers dropping in for a pizza or quick sub.  It's cute in there - more decorated than you'd think for a pizza/sub shop in a tiny shopping strip.  It was very hot inside, even with an industrial window air conditioner going.  I guess that's not surprising since it's small and there some huge pizza ovens in there.  They had a pretty diverse menu of italian, subs, pizza, chicken, salads, and Greek food.

We did have to wait a while for our food - longer than I expected.  People were coming and going picking up pizzas and subs (not a ton of people... but enough), but I was still wondering what was taking so long.  Maybe they had to cook my pasta from scratch, including boiling the water?  That takes some time.  The owner was very nice and would let us know, "It's coming!  Just another few minutes!".  I think she was Greek based on her accent. 

We got home and dug in.  The bf's chicken kebob was "good" he said.  It was a skewer of grilled, marinated chicken on a big, big bed of jasmine rice.  There was also a half of a grilled green pepper and a half of a grilled tomato.  They looked kinda lonely, though.  My spaghetti tasted ok, but I like it REALLY REALLY saucy and it was a little light on the sauce for my standards.  I'll bet others would be fine with it, but I wanted more.  Not a ton of meat in the sauce, either.  It was tasty nonetheless and a decent portion size.  It also came with some garlic bread.  The salad was tasty!  Plenty of rolled up meat and cheese on top, iceburg lettuce, tomato wedges, red onions, green peppers, olives, and pepperocini.  The bf pretty much devastated the salad. 

Rating:
Service: 4
Food: 4
Ambiance:  4 (because it was hot in there)

Take home:  Very reasonable prices for decent food of a decent size.  I'd totally go there again for take-out if I wasn't in the mood for anything in particular.  Oh!  And their pizzas are 50% off on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. 

P.S. - I found a way to make it a little saucier on my third time eating it!  Just go out to the garden and make some sauce, silly....

No comments:

Post a Comment