Thursday, August 23, 2012

RB Kebob - Towson, MD

If you haven't been to RB Kebob - Go.

Seriously.

They are good, and the guys there are extremely nice.

It doesn't look like much from the outside, but it is worth it!

If you are looking for reviews on Yelp or other sites, these guys have gone through a couple of name changes, including Krazi Kabob, and I think there is a review under the name RB Kebab.  If I recall correctly, that one was hilarious.  Argh!  I can't find it to link for you!  Ah well, onward....

We found this place a few months ago, and for a while we were obsessed.  Like, once or twice a week obsessed.  We were getting the Chicken Tikka Wrap, which is fantastic.

The wrap is a naan bread that you then choose additions for.  It is like an indian taco, and as such, we started referring to this place as Indican.  I usually get mine with rice, chicken, plain tomatoes, cheese, and lettuce, and nothing else.  What can I say, I like my stuff a little on the midwestern side.  (= bland)

Amy usually gets something a little more spicy.  They have in their selection: salsa tomatoes, corn, spicy chickpeas, cilantro, jalapenos, lettuce, cucumbers, cheese,  and a few other things that I am forgetting.  Everything is made to order, so it takes a few minutes, but even with the wait, we have never used our full lunch hour.

The inside of the place can only seat 6-8 people or so, so sometimes getting a seat is tricky.  Outside, I think they can seat 4-6 people.

Today, we went there with a couple of friends, and Amy and I decided to branch out.  We were quite happy with our results.  Amy got the platter, which took a while to make because they skewer chicken and make it for you while you wait.  The pieces of chicken were huge.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture.  Urg.  I blame newbieness at blogging for my transgressions.

I got a bowl this time.  This included a large amount of rice, a scoop of chicken tikka, some sauce, my plain tomatoes, lettuce, and cheese.  I also ordered a side of naan through Amy as an afterthought (I had already paid).

The bowl had the chicken and rice on the bottom, so I tried to mix it up a little bit so you can see the chicken.
We had already broken into the naan before I remembered to take a picture!
It was wonderful, as always!  There isn't a huge selection, but if you like indican, you will love this place!

Rating:
Food: 5 (yum!)
Service: 4.5 (it takes a while, but the guys are super nice!)
Ambiance: 3 (it is a little small)

Take Home: If you like chicken tikka, you will love this place.  The make the naan fresh each order.

No comments:

Post a Comment