Saturday, August 11, 2012

Spice & Dice, Towson, MD

http://www.thaispiceanddice.com

This week we went to Spice & Dice in Towson, MD using a Groupon/Living Social/I really can't remember which "deal-pon" we used.  It doesn't matter, I guess!

This was an interesting experience.  Since this was done before we decided to start the blog, I don't have any pictures.

But here is our experience, from start to finish

A group from work had gone to Spice & Dice the previous week.  All reported that it had been good all around, from service to food.  Amy had a coupon for some amount, and I hadn't been able to go the week before (car was in the shop), so we decided to go, the first time for me, and the second or so time for Amy.  As far as I can remember, the only complaint about Spice & Dice was that the food was not as spicy as some could have liked, but that isn't too unusual.

We came in, we sat down.  Our friend was joining us, so we ordered waters and sodas and waited a few moments for her.  In short order, we had ordered and the waiter brought us these spring roll things.  They were very tasty!  Amy tried to steal mine, and I had to fight her off with my fork.  True story!

Then Amy yells "OW!"  We both look at her, only slightly askance as we await her explanation.  She is scratching her ankle/foot at this point and says that something bit her.  Hmmm...

I peek under the table.  There is a long line of ants travelling directly under her!  Apparently, as our frind had pointed out, these little guys had found a noodle and were attempting to extricate it from the restaurant.  I guess one of them thought Amy's foot looked like a noodle?  Who knows.

Well, ants will be ants, and even the most fastidious of kitchens can have trouble keeping the little buggers out when they want to be in, so we decided to ignore our little bout with nature, and still in good humor, we switched tables.

When the server returned with our food, he looked perplexed at our location change for a moment, and then gave us our food.  We took pity on him in his confusion and explained that we had moved because of the ants.

Then he goes, cleans the table, then seats another party at the ant table.

Seriously, dude!  Ants tried to eat Amy, you really shouldn't seat people at a table where there be man eating ants.  Oh well.

We did tell the latest party that there were ants.  They inspected the ants, then also chose to move tables.

I guess at this point the guy decided that the ants were real.  We saw him doing something to the table after the second party relocated.  I am not sure what.

So what did I have to eat you might ask on a blog about eating?  Really, I don't know.  All I can remember is that Amy got bit by an ant.  And we all had the heebie jeebies for the rest of the day.  Is that how you spell heebie jeebies you ask?  I don't know.  So there you go!

I do recall getting something with shrimp.  Oh, and broccoli.  Oh, and big, fat, flat noodles.  In some kind of sauce.  No clue what kind.  I think this was Thai food?  Beats me.

The broccoli was very good, perfectly cooked!  Noodles are noodles.  And the shrimp was nothing to write home about, so I won't.

Then we got some chocolate ice cream to take with us.  We took it with us because even though he was very prompt and attentive for the first part of the meal, he took a while getting back to us with the check and boxes and stuff.

And I have no idea what anybody else ate.

So, I can't guarantee you will see ants if you go, but the food was good in all of its unremarkableness.


Ratings (0 bad -5 fantastic)
Food: 3.5
Service: 2.5
Ambiance: 3, cause the ants weren't their fault

Take home message:  I would go back...if somebody asked me to. Probably not on my own though.

No comments:

Post a Comment