Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Havana Road - Towson, MD

Yesterday we ate at Havana Road.  Amy had a Groupon for $20 that I think she paid $10 for.

http://havanaroad.com/

There was nothing to be impressed about.  And I tried.

We got there, went inside, and told the lady that we would sit outside.  It was a beautiful day.  Warm with nice breezes blowing.  As with so many of these outings, we chose something we could walk to from work.

Sidebar:  We didn't realize that it was Restaurant Week. Oops.  There was a guy with a camera on Pennsylvania, and a girl with a microphone.  The stopped us to interview us.  I quickly stepped out of frame, leaving Amy to bask in the glow of the camera.  The interviewer said "Are you going to just leave her like that?" with a smile on her face.  I said, "Yup."  And smiled right back.  Amy is the more outgoing one.  I am a programmer for crying out loud!  TV is for watching other people on, not myself!  Haha.  The lady asked how we relieved the guilt about eating at Restaurant Week.  Amy smirked and answered, "Well, we walk here from work, so we are getting our exercise!"  The funny thing being that neither of us remembered it was Restaurant Week before they had stopped us, and we try to walk to lunch whenever possible.  Gotta take all the exercise we can get!  :)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

We ordered drinks while inside.  We had been here once before and remembered that it was very, very slow last time.  Then we sat down.  She brought us our drinks, and Amy made the fatal error of telling the lady we needed more time browsing the menus.

She finally came back like ten minutes later.  Yep, this is the slowness I remember.  She came back as I was getting up to go get her.

We ordered the Arroz Con Pollo.  I remember it as being good last time.  When it finally came out, my memory was breaking apart around the edges.  I didn't remember this taste!  It was very tomato saucy.

Well, we finished and needed boxes.  So we waited for what felt like ten minutes or so and finally got the boxes and the check.

Walking away, I told the waitress Thank You.  She said "Yeah".  I think they call that service here.


Ratings (0 bad -5 fantastic)
Food: 2
Service: 1.5
Ambiance: 3, cause it was a beautiful day in Towson

Take home message:  You better have a pretty compelling reason for dragging me back here if I am not feeling like having a leisurely lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment